完成" W "開頭單字及例句
[Ex] 1. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Not at all.
2. What are you doing here ? I'm waiting for somebody.
3. When the waiter uncorked the bottle, it popped.
[補充] 1. Dodge is waiting to have a word with you.
2. We're waiting for the bus.
[Ex] 1. I wake up at six every morning.
2. Budapest woke memories in me of happy days.
[補充] 1. I waked at early dawn.
2. What time shall I wake you?
3. It's time for you to wake up and attend to your business.
walk 走路 ; 行業
[Ex] 1. Is the station far from here ? No, you can walk from here.
2. The Rotary Club has people from all walks of life.
[補充] 1. I would rather walk than ride.
2. He arose and walked to the window.
[片語補充] < walk of life > 行業
1. Our membership includes people from all walks of life.
[Ex] 1. How do you want your hair cut ? Medium length, Please.
2. No one likes war, everyone wants peace.
[補充] 1. I want you to go to the post office.
2. Do you want this box opened?
3. I don't want my daughter taken out after dark.
4. He wants you to see him in London without fail.
[Ex] 1. I warn you, stay away from those bad guys.
2. The weather forecast was warning us of the approaching
[補充] 1. He warned me against going outside alone at night.
2. The weather station warned that a hurricane was coming.
3. The whistle warned visitors that the ship was ready to sail.
[Ex] 1. It is disgraceful to wash your dirty linen in public.
2. Don't forget to wash your hands before having a meal.
[補充] 1. She washed her face and hands, then went downstairs.
[Ex] 1. Don't waste your time on fooling around.
2. I hate to see food go to waste.
[補充] 1. Don't waste your time and energy on trifles.
watch 看 ; 注視
[Ex] 1. Watch your step when going the staircase.
2. He was glued to the TV watching the game.
[補充] 1. We watched the departure of the train from the station.
2. I seldom play chess, but I like to watch.
wave 揮舞 ; 波浪
[Ex] 1. John waves to me as the car started.
2. She went to a beauty salon for a permanent wave.
[補充] 1. He waved the servant out of his room.
2. Martin waved us goodbye.
3. She had her hair waved.
wear 穿 ; 磨損
[Ex] 1. What shall I wear to the party?
2. She wears glasses.
[補充] 1. She was wearing a gold ring.
2. You must be worn out after walking for hours.
走了好幾小時後 , 你一定累壞了。
3. She was wearing a yellow flower in her hair.
4. He wears his shoes out rapidly.
[Ex] 1. How much do you weigh ? 80 kilos.
[補充] 1. He weighed the parcel by hand.
2. The grocer weighed out five pounds of apples.
[Ex] 1. Larry always whistles while he is working.
2. To whistle in the dark may be helpful sometimes.
[補充] 1. The boy was whistling a tune merrily.
2. The engine whistled before it started off.
win 贏 ; 勝利
[Ex] 1. Which team won ?
2. Sincerity can win friends.
[補充] 1. Their team has won the game.
2. His modesty won him praises.
3. His deeds won our respect.
[Ex] 1. Wipe your shoes before you step in.
2. Stop crying and wipe away your tears.
[補充] 1. Please wipe the table with a dry cloth.
2. Wipe the dust off the table.
[Ex] 1. We all wish you well.
2. Make a wish when you see a shooting star.
[補充] 1. I wish I were really wealthy.
2. What do you wish me to do?
3. I wish to go, but my mother wishes me to stay at home.
4. I wish you a happy birthday.
5. I would not wish for anything better.
wonder 想知道 ; 奇觀
[Ex] 1. I wonder what the next step will be.
2. The pyramids are one of the seven wonders of the world.
[補充] 1. I wonder whether you like her.
2. I wonder what I ought to do.
3. It is a wonder that he remained alive after dropping
from the roof of a ten-storied building.
[片語補充] < no wonder > 難怪
1. No wonder you can't sleep when you eat so much.
[Ex] 1. What does your father do ? He works for a bank.
2. This oil painting is my own work.
[補充] 1. I've been working hard all day.
2. It takes a lot of work to dig a deep well.
worry 擔心 ; 擔憂
[Ex] 1. I am sure I'll fall. Don't worry! You'll e safe enought
if you don't look down.
2. I am feeling all right now. Oh, that's fine .
You had us worried for a moment.
[補充] 1. Don't worry about the matter, take it easy.
2. She worried over her father's health.
3. The teacher worried that these problems might be too hard
for her students.
4. Don't worry how much you spend on the trip.
[Ex] 1. Write us a letter as soon as you reach Shanghai.
[補充] 1. She writes every week to her mother.
2. If you have paper and a pen, you can write.
3. He wrote to me that he would be late.
4. She wrote Ellis that his father was not well.