完成 " TUV " 開頭單字及例句
take 拿 ; 取
[Ex] 1. May I take two ? Take as many you like.
2. Is this seat taken ? Yes, it is.
3. How long does it take to get from here to there ?
It takes two and a half hours by car.
[補充] 1. She took a piece of paper and began to write a letter.
2. The flight will take three hours.
3. They're going to take a train to the capital.
talk 說話 ; 談話
[Ex] 1. I want to talk to you for a minute. Yes , come on in.
2. I have some news for you . OK , Let's talk
over a cup of tea.
[補充] 1. I want to talk to your manager about an urgent matter.
2. They often talk about you.
3. Don't talk so loud.
4. The young people were talking philosophy in Clay's study.
[片語補充] 1. < talk about/of > 談論;談到
(1) What are they talking about?
2. < talk over > 商討;討論
(1) They are now talking over the plan.
3. < talk to sb. > 找某人談談
(1) It's time you talked to him about this.
4. < talk with > 與...交談
(1) The teacher was talking with some students.
[Ex] 1. What does the soup taste like ? It tastes like stew.
[補充] 1. This sauce tastes of/like tomato.
2. He tasted both cakes and decided neither was good.
3. You can taste nothing when you have a cold.
4. He has never tasted defeat.
[Ex] 1. She has been teaching in a high school for the past two decades.
[補充] 1. She taught us how to pronounce those difficult words.
2. What are you teaching this semester?
3. I was taught in a good school.
4. The professor prefers to teach graduate students.
tell 告訴 ; 告知
[Ex] 1. Why didn't you tell me ? I did.
[補充] 1. She told me that she would be back in an hour.
2. Did he tell you when to start out?
3. I cannot tell you how glad I was.
4. Do as I tell you.
tempt 慫恿 ; 引誘
[Ex] 1. The TV commercial tempted housewives to go shopping
[補充] 1. What tempted Arthur to steal the watch?
2. The offer of a high salary tempted Tom.
[Ex] 1. Thank you for coming to meet us. It's my pleasure.
How was the trip ?
2. Thank you for lending me your camera.
Take good care of it. won't you ?
[補充] 1. I can't thank you enough.
2. I must thank you for your kindness.
3. Many thanks for your help.
think 想 ; 認為
[Ex] 1. I think it's going to rain. Oh, don't say that.
2. What do you think of it ? How do you like it ?
[補充] 1. Think how much you can earn if you open a
restaurant in such a good location.
2. We thought it our duty to take care of the orphans.
3. They thought the novel worth reading.
4. I think he will come.
throw 丟 ; 擲
[Ex] 1. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
[補充] 1.The boy threw a stone at the dog.
2. He quickly threw the ball to another player.
3. I threw a bone to the dog. (=I threw the dog a bone.)
4. That gun will throw about three quarters of a mile.
[Ex] 1. Let me tie your shoes.
[補充] 1. He tied the magazines with string.
2. She tied the ribbon in a bow.
touch 碰觸 ; 摸 ; 感動
[Ex] 1. You may touch it to see if it is hot.
2. I was greatly touched by the movie " The Thorn Birds."
[補充] 1. Don't touch the exhibits.
2. She lightly touched his forehead.
3. The branches hung down and touched the water.
4. The hero's speech touched the entire audience.
[Ex] 1. Where are you going to travel ?
2. Two round-trip tickets to Kaohsiung, please.
[補充] 1. My uncle is travelling in South America.
2. They travelled Australia from end to end.
3. We had ten day's travel by train.
[額外補充] < trip > n. 旅行 ; 行程
1. He has gone on a business trip.
2. They took a trip to Japan last year.
treat 請客 ; 對待 ; 治療
[Ex] 1. I will have my decayed tooth treated next week.
2. Don't treat me as if I were a child.
[補充] 1. Do not treat this serious matter as a joke.
2. The doctors were not able to treat this disease.
3. We'll treat you to dinner(to ice cream).
[Ex] 1. I trust him to carry out the project without supervision.
2. Can I trust you to keep a secret ?
[補充] 1. Why do you trust a guy like him?
2. I can't trust my memory. I'd better write everything down.
3. We always trust in her cautiousness.
try 嘗試 ; 努力
[Ex] 1. I don't think I can do it, but I will try.
2. That is worth a try.
[補充] 1. We'll try to improve our teaching methods.
2. Let's try knocking at the back door.
3. The method seems good but it needs to be tried out.
turn 轉動 ; 旋轉
[Ex] 1. Please don't turn your back on me when I need your help.
2. The competitors turned the tables on us when our new
products were late on the market.
[補充] 1. He turned his head and saw a figure approaching in the darkness.
2. He turned the key in the lock.
3. She turned a page.
understand 瞭解 ; 明白
[Ex] 1. I can't understand why you behaved like that.
2. According to my understanding, he is reluctant to work abroad.
[補充] 1. Do you understand how to operate the machine?
2. I don't understand what you're talking about.
3. I understand that you will be moving here soon.
4. I understand that you will be moving here soon.
5. We understand that you don't approve of our idea.
[Ex] 1. Can this detergent be used with wool ? Wool is fine; no trouble at all.
2. Products should be designed to be user-friendly.
[補充] 1. Do you know how to use a chain saw?
2. May I use your pen?
value 價值 ; 評估 ; 看重
[Ex] 1. The value of the US dollar has risen sharply in recent months.
2. We should value health above wealth.
[補充] 1. That watch was valued at $100.
2. I value this necklace at $5,000.
3. My father values honesty beyond all things.
visit 訪問 ; 探視 ; 參觀
[Ex] 1. Please visit us once in a while.
2. Is this your first visit to the Palance museum.
[補充] 1. This afternoon we're going to visit a friend in hospital.
2. During our stay in London, we visited Buckingham Palace.