完成 " S " 開頭單字及例句(中)
shoot 射擊 ; 哎呀
[Ex] 1. The policeman was shot in the stomach.
2. Shoot ! forgot my purse.
[註] shoot為女性用語 , 男性用shit
3. She shot question at me.
[補充] 1.He shot the arrow from the bow.
2. I used to shoot in the winter.
show 顯示 ; 展覽
[Ex] 1. Show me the evidence, otherwise, I won't believe it.
2. Let's go see the aotomobile show at the exhibition center.
[補充] 1. She shows great interest in American drama.
2. They showed immense courage in the face of danger.
3. The thermometer showed eight degrees below zero.
4. The paintings were shown at the Art Gallery.
[Ex] 1. Shut your mouth ! I don't want to listen to your complaints
2. Please keep the door shut at all times.
[補充] 1. Shut the window, please.
2. She shut herself in her bedroom sobbing her heart out.
3. The doors shut, and the train moved off.
[片語補充] < shut up >
Will you children shut up?! I can't concentrate on my work.
2. Can't you shut your friend up?
[Ex] 1. We won't sign the contract until all terms and conditions
are clear to us.
2. You will sign your own death warrant if you don't stop smoking.
[補充] 1. He signed his name on the cheque.
2. Nothing shall induce me to sign.
sink 沉沒 ; 槽
[Ex] 1. Do you know that a fresh egg doesn't sink in water ?
2. A heat sink on top of an IC can help dissipate the generated heat.
[補充] 1. The sun was sinking in the west.
2. The moon sank behind the mountains.
3. The submarine sank two ships.
4. The housewife always keeps the sink clean.
[Ex] 1. Can I sit here ? Yes, of course.
2. May I sit next to you ? Why not ?
[補充] 1. The minibus will sit ten people.
2. They sat in a ring.
[Ex] 1. I slept very well last night.
[補充] 1. He likes to sleep for an hour in the afternoon.
2. He was still sleeping when I went in.
3. I slept very badly last night.
[Ex] 1. Slow down ! Or you will fall.
2. The car slowed down on the icy road.
3. Old men usually walk at a slow pace.
[補充] 1. The train slowed down.
2. The machine slowed down and stopped.
3. He slowed his pace.
smell 聞 ; 味道
[Ex] 1. What does it smell like ? It smells like garbage.
2. Who is making that smell ?
[補充] 1. He smelled trouble.
2. I smell something funny about that plan.
3. I smelled something burning.
4. This liquid doesn't smell.
5. This fish smells.
6. This cheese smells!
[Ex] 1. Jim smiled his sadness away.
2. She always smiles sweetly at people.
[補充] 1. She smiled a greeting.
2. The boss smiled appreciation of my remarks.
3. The bridegroom was smiling broadly.
sound 聽似 ; 健全
[Ex] 1. That sounds like a good idea.
2. The company has set a sound financial policy for
[補充] 1. The music sounds very pleasing to the ear.
2. Her voice sounds said.
speak 說 ; 講
[Ex] 1. English is spoken worldwide. Hello !
2. When we speak of evil, it appears.
[補充] 1. I have not spoken to him on this subject yet.
2. Miss Li speaks good English.
3. I'm sure he's speaking the truth.
[Ex] 1. Some people just don't spell the word correctly.
[補充] 1. I don't know how to spell your name.
2. Children love to spell "Mississippi".
3. He can't spell his own name.
4. He spells accurately.
spend 花錢 ; 花時間
[Ex] 1. She spends most of her income on luxury things.
[補充] 1. They spend more money than they make.
2. What did you spend for that lamp?
3. They spent three months touring Europe.
[Ex] 1. The ballet dancer spins around on her toes.
[補充] 1. My sister can spin on her toes like a dancer.
2. The boy was spinning a top.
spread 散佈 ; 伸展
[Ex] 1. The news spread quickly through the company.
2. This contract will be effective over a spread of three years.
[補充] 1. She was told not to spread this secret around.
2. The fire spread from the factory to the warehouse nearby.
3. A wide stretch of land spreads in front of us.
4. Mom spread a new table-cloth on the table.
[Ex] 1. Be my quest and don't stand on ceremony.
2. Everyone should try to stand on his own feet.
[補充] 1.He stood the ladder against the wall.
2. Her legs were so weak that she could hardly stand.
[片語補充] < stand on > 依靠;依據
1. The case stands on the witness's testimony.
< stand up > 起立
1. Stand up when the teacher enters the classroom.
2. Don't be silent, stand up and be counted.
別沉默 , 站起來表達意見。
[額外補充] < stand on/upon ceremony > 講究客套
1. Please don't stand on ceremony.
[Ex] 1. He is staring at me with angry eyes.
[補充] 1. The old man stared the uninvited guest up and down.
2. Don't stare at me like that.
3. We stared at him in amazement.
4. He continued to stare at her with dilated eyes.