完成 " R " 開頭單字及例句(上)
raise 養育 ; 提昇
[Ex] 1. I was born and raised in Taiwan.
2. We all will get a raise in salary next month.
[補充] 1. The farmer raises chickens and corn.
2. They raised the price.
3. The landlord raised my rent.
reach 達到 ; 到達
[Ex] 1. Your letter did not reach me until yesterday.
2. You will understand when you reach my age.
[補充] 1. When will they reach Los Angeles?
2. I reached home before the rain began.
3. I reached an agreement with him.
4. An old man's memory reaches back over many years.
5. The amount will reach into the thousands.
read 閱讀 ; 洞察
[Ex] 1. He has the ability to read a person like an open book.
2. The essentials of reading a book is to be able to arise
a resonance with the author.
[補充] 1. I read a good article in today's paper.
2. I read in a magazine that drinking a lot of tea could
be a preventive against cancer.
3. She read his thoughts.
4. He seldom reads in his free hours.
5. He read the applicant at a glance.
6. He does not read or write.
realize 了解 ; 實現
[Ex] 1. Don't you realize what you have done ?
2. Your business plan is too impractical to be realized.
[補充] 1. I realized what he meant.
2. Does he realize his mistake yet?
3. Her wish to become a movie star was finally realized.
4. His ideal is not too lofty to be realized.
recall 回憶 ; 回想
[Ex] 1. I can not recall ever meeting him before.
2. All the faulty cars were recalled to fix by the company.
[補充] 1. That picture recalls my happy school days.
2. Dick recalls having been in Paris to study music when he was a child.
3. The auto-makers recalled a lot of cars that were unsafe.
4. The ambassador was recalled.
recognize 認識 ; 認出 ; 辨識
[Ex] 1. I can immediately recognize your voice on the phone.
[補充] 1. The policeman recognized her as a pickpocket.
2. He looked at the envelope and recognized Jenny's
3. I recognized that I had made a mistake.
recommend 推薦 ; 建議
[Ex] 1. My friend recommended me for the post of EVP.
( Executive Vice President )
[補充] 1. Can you recommend me some new books on this subject?
2. He recommended her as a good secretary.
3. I recommend a change of diet.
4. I recommend you to stop.
5. I recommend you to comply with safety regulations.
recover 恢復 ; 好轉
[Ex] 1. I am gradually recovering from a bad cold.
[補充] 1. He had a bad illness, but is recovered.
2. She has recovered her health.
3. She recovered from her fright.
4. It took a long time for him to recover from a bad cold.
5. I think she will recover.
refuse 拒絕 ; 廢物 ; 垃圾
[Ex] 1. He refused my request for an interview.
2. There are lots of refuse to collect in the backyard.
[補充] 1. If refused once, he might probably ask again.
2. He refused my offer of help.
3. It never occurred to me that you would refuse.
4. He dumped all the refuse into the garbage can.
regret 後悔 ; 遺憾
[Ex] 1. I regret to say that you were wrong.
2. Much to my regret I cannot attend your wedding party.
[補充] 1. I regret that you see it like that.
2. I believe you will regret leaving Paris.
3. I regret to say that I am unable to help you.
4. Those who have not bought insurance are now regretting.
release 釋放 ; 放鬆
[Ex] 1. I felt so released after handing over my responsibilities
to someone else.
[補充] 1. Release the dog. He has been chained up for hours.
2. He quickly released her hand.
3. To release the hand brake (of a car).
rely 倚靠 ; 依賴
[Ex] 1. The whole family relies upon him for making a living.
[補充] 1. The villagers here rely on wells for their water.
[片語補充] < rely on >
You can't rely on the weather.
You may rely on me to help you.
remain 殘留 ; 剩下
[Ex] 1. Nothing remained of the building after the fire.
2. The issue still remains to be fully discussed.
3. The excited little boy found the remains of a dinosaur.
[補充] 1. A few pears remain on the trees.
2. Little of the original architecture remains.
3. Several problems remain to be solved.
remember 記得 ; 記憶
[Ex] 1. Do you still remember when and where we met before ?
[補充] 1. The old man remembered the days of his youth.
2. I could not remember his name.
3. I remember telling you about it once.
4. Do you remember her telephone number?
5. Please remember to call me at seven.
6. Remember to write us when you get there.
7. If I remember correctly, your brother went to
Canada ten years ago.
[Ex] 1. Please remind me to phone my sister tonight.
[補充] 1. I reminded Gerald of his promise.
2. The story reminds me of an experience I once had.
3. The sound of your voice reminded me of him.
[Ex] 1. I managed to rent an apartment nearer to my son's school.
2. There is good office for rent.
[補充] 1. They rented a cabin for their vacation.
2. I have rented the house out to a very nice family.
3. This house rents for US$ 800 a month.
[Ex] 1. Excuse me, has my car been repaired yet ? Oh, it's being
repaired right now.
[補充] 1. The roof should be repaired soon.
2. He had his car repaired yesterday.