完成 " J & K " 開頭單字及例句
join 加入 ; 參與
[Ex] 1. Why don't you join us for mountain climbing on this coming Sunday?
[補充] 1. He joined the two pieces of wood together with glue.
2. Will you join us for dinner?
3. I'll persuade him to join our club.
4. He never joined in the usual sports of the boys.
5. He joined our party.
judge 判斷 ; 評斷
[Ex] 1. Don't judge a person merely by his appearance.
[補充] 1. You can't judge a book by its cover.
2. The court judged him guilty.
3. We must judge whether he is guilty.
4. It was judged better to begin the attack at once.
5. We judged him unfairly.
6. It was judged better to begin the attack at once.
[Ex] 1. It is dangerous to jump to a conclusion too soon.
[補充] 1. He jumped the wall easily.
2. The horse jumped over the ditch.
3. Don't jump to a hasty conclusion.
justify 合理 ; 證明為正確 ; 不擇手段
[Ex] 1. The end justifies the means.
2. The return does not necessarily justify the investment.
[補充] 1. The editors are justified in refusing your work.
2. How can you justify your rude behaviour?
keep 保持 ; ( 常用之助動詞 )
[Ex] 1. I'm sorry I have kept you waiting so long .
No, it wasn't too long.
2. You'd better keep the wolf from the door.
3. Keep your fingers crossed. I wish for your success.
[補充] 1. I'm sorry I've kept you waiting.
2. I kept it all the time to remind me of you.
3. Please keep the watch for me while I go swimming.
4. Those toys kept the children amused.
5. She kept the child quiet.
6. Robbie couldn't keep the child from yelling.
7. He needs more money to keep his wife and children.
8. The child kept asking me questions.
[Ex] 1. He kicked the door shut.
2. That old man kicked the bucket last week.
[補充] 1. He kicked the football out of the field.
2. The baby was kicking and crying.
[額外補充] < kicked the bucket 【俚】翹辮子;死了 >
The old man finally kicked the bucket at ninety five.
[Ex] 1. It is not smart to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
2. An atomic bomb can kill tens of thousand people in a second.
[補充] 1. The poison kills rats.
2. This has killed my hopes.
3. He killed ten good years on that job.
[Ex] 1. Someone is knocking at the door. Will you go
and see who it is ?
[補充] 1. He knocked at the door and entered.
2. The falling bottle knocked him on the head.
3. He knocked the ball over the fence.
4. Please knock before entering.
[Ex] 1. Do you know the way to the station ?
Sorry , I am a stranger in this town.
2. To the best of my knowledge , the situation
is not like he said.
[補充] 1. I knew she was against us.
2. We have known each other for many years.
3. I know (that) he is rich. (=I know him to be rich.)
4. He knew the landscape.
5. He was so changed that you would hardly know him.
6. Do you know of any good hotel near here?
[額外補充] < knowledge >
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
My knowledge of Mr. Reed is not very great.
I have no knowledge of the man.
He left home without his mother's knowledge.
Knowledge of the event has been made public.