完成" H " 開頭單字及例句
happen 發生 ; 怎麼回事
[Ex] 1. What happened to you ? You've got a bruise on your forehead.
[補充] 1. I happened to sit by her in the cinema.
2. I did not happen to have any money with me.
3. It is likely to happen.
4.An accident happened to him.
hate 討厭 ; 怨恨
[Ex] 1. I hate to see rats and cockroaches in the house.
[補充] 1. He hates his little sister, because she breaks all his toys.
2. To tell you the truth, I hate to do it.
have 有 ; 吃 ; 已經
[Ex] 1. Could I have another glass of beer ? Certainly.
2. How many cigarettes do you have ?
3. Have you had enough ? I've had more than enough.
4. Have a good holiday. You too!
5. How long have you been in Taiwan ?
For about one year.
6. I'll never have anything to do with you again.
7. How many times have you been there ? Only once.
8. I had a flat tire on the way. Yes ?
9. I have a toothache. That's too bad.
10. Cats have nine lives.
11. Every cloud has a silver lining.
12. Every dog has his day.
[補充] 1. This coat has no pockets.
2. Many people have doubts about the new project.
3. We had a wonderful time on the beach.
4. The manager is having a meeting.
5. They had their lunch in a cafeteria.
6. Have a cup of coffee, please.
7. I have to go right now.
hear 聽 ; 聽到
[Ex] 1. Can you hear me ?
2. I can't hear you. Will you speak louder ?
/ Yes, I hear you clearly.
[補充] 1. I can hear someone knocking.
2. I heard that he was ill.
3. We'll be glad to hear your opinion of them.
4. I have heard the song sung.
5. He has been heard to say it more than once.
[片語補充] < hear about >
1. I've just heard about his illness.
hello / hi 嗨 ; 打招呼用語
[Ex] 1. Hello, Ken. Merry Christmas and Happy New year.
The same to you.
help 幫助 ; 協助
[Ex] 1. Can I help you ? I'm just looking.
2. Thank you very much indeed. You're welcome.
I'm glad I could help you.
3. Will you help me ? Certainly.
[補充] 1. His mother helped him with homework.
2. Heaven helps those who help themselves.
3. We cannot help his fall.
4. Cheerfulness helped their success.
5. He is ready to help.
[片語補充] < help out >
My father helped me out when I lost my job.
< cannot help but >
I cannot help but do so.
< It can't be helped. >
You've broken it now, it can't be helped.
hit 打擊 ; 擊中
[Ex] 1. Joe hit me on the cheek ( in the eyes).
2. My car was hit by a truck on the freeway.
3. The global depression hit every industry, especially the
[補充] 1. A bullet hit him on the leg.
2. The boys are hitting at the dog.
3. The ship hit a rock and wrecked.
4. The ball hit against the window.
5. A dashing car hit against a pole.
hold 握住 ; 捧著 ; 抱持
[Ex] 1. Please call him to the phone. Hold on a minute, please.
[補充] 1. He held a knife in his hand.
2. The roof was held up by pillars.
3. He holds much property in the town.
4. I hope this beautiful weather will hold.
5. The dike held during the flood.
6. They will hold a meeting to discuss this problem tomorrow.
[片語補充] < hold on >
The speaker held on for a full hour.
How much longer do you think we can hold on?
< hold together >
The pin held the 2 pages together.
We always hold together in times of crisis.
[Ex] 1. Is he alive ? I hope so.
[補充] 1. I hope that he will succeed.
2. I hope to see you and your family soon.
3. Everyone hopes for snow.
hurt 傷害 ; 疼痛
[Ex] 1. It's going to be painful. No, I won't hurt you.
2. What's wrong ? My right leg hurts.
3. Mommy, my head hurts.
[補充] 1. No one was seriously hurt in the traffic accident.
2. The tight shoe hurt my foot.
3. He hurt his leg when he fell.
4. My feelings were hurt when he didn't ask me to the party.
5. My right leg hurts.
6. He hurt his leg when he fell.
7. Does your hand still hurt?