今日進度 -- " C " 開頭單字及例句
can 動詞相關字跟: may
[Ex] 1. Will you do me a favor ? Yes,if I can.
2. Why can’t I go ? Because you are too young.
The classroom can seat thirty students.
June can drive now.
I think the work can be completed ahead of time.
You can't take the book out of the room.
Can I use your pen?
If you won't keep quiet you can get out.
call 稱呼 ; 叫
[Ex] 1. Did you call him a liar ? Good heavens, no!
2. You are no better than him; it’s just like the pot calling the
Kettle black in my eyes.
[補充] 1. 呼喚;召喚;召集[O1][O2]
He called the waitress over.
Shall I call you a taxi?
I will go and call him.
1.Call me at the office this afternoon.
care 關心 ; 在乎
[Ex] 1. I don’t care. Yes,you do care.
[補充] 1. Do you care if I go?
2. I don't care what they say.
[片語補充] < take care of >
Please take care of the baby for me for a while, will you?
Better devices are needed in many countries to take care of
the waste from factories.
[Ex] 1. Copper wires carry electricity well.
[補充] 1. I never carry much money with me.
2. We carried the boxes into the room.
3. The city subways carry hundreds of thousands of passengers a day.
catch 抓住 ; 逮到
[Ex] 1. I caught the thief by the arm when he broke into my house.
[補充] 1. I'll throw the ball and you catch it.
2. The policeman caught the thief.
3. From whom did he beg this money?
[片語補充] < catch up to >
Jane ran hard and tried to catch up to her friends.
cause 引起 ; 造成
[Ex] 1. The typhoon caused Taipei City a lot of damage.
[補充] 1. What caused him to quit his job?
2.I'm afraid I'm causing you much trouble.
cease 停止 ; 不再
[Ex] 1. The child did not cease crying.
[補充] 1. The experiments have ceased.
2. The general ordered his troops to cease fire.
3.The matter has ceased to be a mystery to anyone.
[片語補充] < without cease >
We should work on without cease in order to finish the job on time.
[Ex] 1. You will have enough challenges in your new job.
[補充] 1. He received a challenge to a TV debate.
change 改變 ; 更換
[Ex] 1. I don’t like this carpet. Then why don’t you change it ?
2. To change commanders during war is like changing horses in midstream.
[補充] 1. On second thoughts he changed his mind.
2. In fall the leaves change from green to brown.
3. We changed seats in the interval.
[片語補充] < change into >
They are changing desert into farmland.
Sometimes common nouns change into proper nouns.
3. 換 (衣)
You should change into your working clothes before you start
to do the job. 開始工作以前你應該換上工作服。
charge 收費 ; 記帳
[Ex] 1. Please charge it to my account.
[補充] 1. This store often charges only 65 US cents a dozen for large eggs.
2.The store doesn't charge for delivery.
check 檢查 ; 核對
[Ex] 1. Let me check it out.
[補充] 1. I have checked your answers and none of them are correct.
2. Check to see if they have done the work.
[片語補充] < check in >
He has just checked in at the hotel.
The ticket agent checked in the passengers one by one.
< check off >
Please check off the parcels before we send them out.
< check on >
Please check on your work.
< check out >
Mrs Hyde has checked out this morning.
I have checked out all the figures and found them to be correct.
All the trainees checked out all right.
[Ex] 1. Which would you choose if you were me ?
2. Make up your own mind. It’s up to you.
[補充] 1. He chose George as his assistant.
2. Alice chose him a sweater.
claim 索賠 ; 聲稱 ; 主張
[Ex] 1. We made a claim for damages to the insurance company.
2. Nobody has claimed this camera.
[補充] 1. The old man claimed the land.
2. She claimed that the ring was stolen, not lost.
3. She claims to be a good pianist.
clear 明白 ; 清楚 ; 清掃
[Ex] 1. It is now clear to me.
2. I need a cup of coffee to clear my head.
[補充] 1. We usually clear the water with a filter.
2. She cleared the leftovers from the table.
3. It takes three days to clear a check.
close 關閉 ; 關門
[Ex] 1. When does the store close ? When does the store open ?
[補充] 1. She closed the door softly.
2. The street has been closed for two days.
3.The door closes quietly.
4. The post office closes at 6.
combine 混合 ; 結合
[Ex] 1. If you combine blue and yellow, you will get green.
[補充] 1. Some films combine education with recreation.
2.We are going to combine the three departments soon.
3. The two old schools are to combine to form one big new school.